Pillow Talk Pty. Ltd. (trading as “Pillow Talk”) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy and rights of individuals and is committed to protecting your privacy online. We use a variety of security measures to protect your information, including secure servers, firewalls and encryption.
What do we mean by your “personal information”?
When referred to in this policy, the term “personal information” includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This could include your name, address, phone number, email address, and date of birth. If the information that we collect can personally identify you or you can be reasonably identified from it, we classify it as personal information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information directly from you and we may collect it in the following ways:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- when you complete an application or purchase order ask for a quote to be prepared
- when you contact us for further information or register your details on our website;
- your participation in surveys and other types of research;
- when you enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Pillow Talk;
- when you subscribe to our mailing list; or
- when you submit a job application or résumé
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as recruitment consultancies, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, and other government agencies.
What type of personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- your name, residential mailing, email addresses and mobile number;
- your date of birth, gender, age, purchase history, hobbies and interests;
- details of the products you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our website or online presence; and
- any information you provide us through our customer service centre, customer surveys and competitions.
What other information do we collect from you?
To help us improve your online experience at Pillow Talk we collect anonymous information about website activity. We use this data to evaluate our website's performance and to improve the content we display to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions. However we may log IP addresses (the electronic address of a computer connected to the internet), geolocations, device types, browser types, activity on our site, and visit history to analyse trends, track our users’ movements and to gather broad demographic information about our visitors.
Our website uses Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Signals and the Google Display Network combined together to display Pillow Talk ads to you on other websites after you have visited our website. In the industry, this practice is known as remarketing and is a tool that Google offers to businesses. If you would like to know more about the remarketing program, you can find out more here. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google, you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ad Settings.
To use some of our services, users are required to register as Pillow Talk members. Any information that we store about you as a Pillow Talk member can be viewed and changed by you by logging in to the web site at https://www.pillowtalk.com.au/login. Please note, any information that you provide to us via the contact us section is not retained after the query has been dealt with.
Why do we collect and use your personal information?
Pillow Talk collects, uses and holds your personal information to better understand your needs as a customer and to help us provide you with better service. We collect, use and hold your personal information:
- to complete a transaction in store or online via our website;
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail;
- to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think may be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You are able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time;
- to enhance your customer experience online and help us complete your transactions faster;
- for planning, marketing or research purposes;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties eg. couriers or postal services.
How do we protect your personal information?
Both internally and with our partners, Pillow Talk is focused on the protection of our customers’ data security. Our internal policies cover data security, credit card compliance, and data breach response plans in the event of an incident. Below are some of the key methods we use to management risk with respect to personal information:
- physical data is stored in purpose-built, third party data centres ensuring physical security of data;
- all networks and servers are protected by firewalls, threat monitors, bot blockers, and anti-external party data encryption tools where relevant;
- all wireless access points are protected by firewalls and threat monitors;
- all end points are kept in a recent patch state;
- Physical network devices are replaced when they are no longer supported or their firmware is no longer supplier updated;
- internet traffic is monitored to ensure antisocial sites are blocked and alerts set for breaches of our policy;
- all emails are scanned for threats and blocked where relevant;
- any personal data electronically transmitted or received is encrypted via SSL certificates for web traffic and other encryption methods employed by our fire walls and universal threat monitors;
- third-party applications (such as web payment gateways) that Pillow Talk partners with are verified as PCI compliant with industry standard data protection protocols in place. We use a reputable fraud monitoring service as part of our web payment gateway.
Who do we share your information with?
- our employees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing, and related purposes; and, xxiii. to comply with any relevant law.
Pillow Talk will only disclose your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required by law and then only to appropriate regulatory authorities. In the case of a breach of the terms and conditions of our website we reserve the right to provide the details of the offender to the appropriate association/client for any action they wish to take regarding the breach.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Direct marketing material
At Pillow Talk we may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods.
All our email based services to our members are opt-in and members have the ability to opt-out (i.e. to suspend or cancel all marketing emails from the Pillow Talk site) at any time. This can be controlled by logging into the website and updating your preferences at https://www.pillowtalk.com.au/login or clicking the “Unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of all electronic newsletters that Pillow Talk send. Alternatively if you would like to unsubscribe from receiving electronic newsletters please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your details from our database.
Website push messages
We engage a third-party provider to communicate updates to customers via web push messages, where browser consent is provided. These messages include website updates and marketing campaign notifications.
If you subscribed to receive web push messages on your browser/device, and wish to unsubscribe, please Unsubscribe here or follow the instructions related to your browser below:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3220216?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
Note: You need to unsubscribe from web push messages via the browser/device you used to subscribe initially.
Credit card security
We take credit card security extremely seriously and always endeavour to provide a safe and secure platform on which to conduct Online transactions. Pillow Talk uses the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol which encrypts your credit card information as it is transmitted over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as credit card number, billing details and delivery address so that generally, other computers are unable to decipher the information, ensuring privacy and security. To make sure you are accessing a secure server, check that the URL starts with HTTPS rather than HTTP and look for the unbroken key or closed lock symbol located generally either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window.
For payments by credit card we accept only Visa and MasterCard through Verified by Visa© and securecode© respectively. As a result, at Pillow Talk we only receive an authorisation code which is unique and not reusable and no credit card details are provided to us or held by us post transaction.
What are cookies?
Pillow Talk uses tracking technologies such as cookies which are used to recognise your browser each time it visits our website. A cookie is a data file that some web sites write to your computer's hard drive for record keeping purposes. Pillow Talk will create a temporary cookie on your computer if you log into our web site using your username and password or create a shopping basket. This cookie is used to secure your connection to our web server. Once you log out of our web site or navigate to another web site, this cookie is automatically removed. The information stored in the cookie is a unique code that is generated by our server to keep track of your online session at Pillow Talk. No personal information is stored inside this cookie and it cannot be used to personally identify users beyond identifying their browser and date/time of visit. However if you do not wish to receive any cookies from websites, you are able to set your browser to refuse them.
Chrome users can find information about disabling cookies here.
Firefox users can find information about disabling cookies here.
Internet Explorer users can find information about disabling cookies here.
Safari users can find information about disabling cookies here.
Links to other websites
We may provide links to third party websites via www.pillowtalk.com.au which are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not operated by us. These linked sites are not under our control and we do not accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked from this website. Pillow Talk is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
Pillow Talk may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) on our website, which let you share actions you take on our website with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have established with the entity that provides that particular social sharing feature. The privacy settings of these social sites are neither moderated nor controlled by Pillow Talk and we do not accept responsibility for the conduct of these social sharing networks. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing networks, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
How to contact us
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially and we will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
If you are still not satisfied you contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner (see https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us/ or call 1300 363 992)
1 Northolt Street
Darra, Qld, 4076.
PO Box 1122
Oxley, Qld 4075.
1800 630 690
This privacy statement may change periodically, so to keep up to date with our latest policy always look back to this page.
Last updated – January 2022.