Our ready-made curtains are available in a variety of widths, weights and designs.
We stock curtains with either a tab top or eyelet header.
These can only be used with curtain poles. Loops of fabric, either the same or contrasting, are stitched to the top of the curtain. Concealed tab top curtains are sometimes available, where the tab is hidden behind the header and gives a more traditional pleated appearance.
These are suitable only for use with curtain poles and have a row of eyelets, usually metal, which can vary in diameter. They give a much softer, wider fold.
Curtain Fabric Density
Our curtains come in three grades of fabric density, 1 pass, 2 pass and 3 pass. The density of the backing applied to the curtain determines the amount of light which is able to shine through.
1 Pass: These curtains (sheer curtains) do not block the sunlight as they are transparent. They are often used in conjunction with a heavier curtain on a second track to create privacy.
2 Pass: These curtains are a partial block out curtain. They do let some light through but are not as transparent as the 1 pass curtain.
3 Pass: These curtains (block out) do not allow light to shine through, so are ideal for bedrooms and living rooms.
Care of Your Curtains
- Hang curtains away from the window pane so they do not come into contact with condensation.
- Run your fingers along the natural folds of the curtain to place the pleats into position.
- Before you clean curtains, loosen the draw-strings and remove hooks and weights.
- Lined curtains should always be dry cleaned.
- Always follow the care instructions sited on the product and its packaging.
- Always hand wash when recommended and rinse thoroughly.
- If you use a powder detergent for hand washing, make sure that it is fully dissolved before putting the fabric in the water.
- Squeeze the fabric gently and avoid rubbing actions.
- Treat machine-washable fabrics with care never wash or spin them for longer than necessary and do not wash at a higher temperature than recommended.
- To retain the clarity of dyed and printed fabrics, use a colour care detergent as these have no optical brighteners.
- Do not bleach or soak.
Curtain Size Guide
Unless indicated otherwise, our curtains are sold as singles measuring 110cm wide x 210cm long.